Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Why hello foundation!

Things are moving along nicely with the house. They poured the concrete for the foundation this past week. Matt and I went down on Sunday so we could see what was going on. Here is what we found.

I think it looks much larger than it did when they had the dirt framed with the wood, don't you?

I took this picture to show the space between the two houses. We got lucky and will have 15 feet between each house on both sides! If you look close enough you can see the mound of dirt that shows where the fence will be.

Here is our back yard! I believe the property line goes just past the temporary pole they put in place to run electricity. I cant wait to take this from a dirt lot to a little oasis!

This little construction note made me super excited. Why you ask? Because of "no pony walls at main rail (rail M2)" They are talking about the loft. The model has rails in place instead of a wall, I love the look of them but didn't have the extra money in our upgrade budget to make it happen. Matt and I have been peaking into the other Brianna's that have been built and not a single one had rails in the loft! I thought it was kind of odd that we would be the only one with the pony wall but didn't put much more thought into...until I saw this note! It looks to me that the builder has decided to make the rails in the loft standard and will not be putting up the pony wall! I still need to confirm this with the sales agent, so I could be wrong but it seems highly unlikely.

That is all for now! Matt and I will go take a peak after I get off work tomorrow. We've decided that Wednesday and Saturdays are the best days to go down and see the progress. Once the walls are up and they start working on interior stuff like electrical we may go back down to once a week. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment