Thursday, August 30, 2012

This house building stuff feels like its moving at warp speed! Here is what Wednesday brought us:

A cleaned up front yard and a finished roof!
 Solar Panels!!
 Staircase railing!
 An almost finished formal living room (and a happy Matt)!
 Also a almost finished family room!
 Lets just throw this almost finished pantry into the mix.
 Remember how I said way back in my first few posts that it looks like they goofed and we would be getting railing upstairs instead of the pony wall? Well it looks like they caught their mistake (dang it!) and we will be getting a pony wall. I am both happy and sad about this. I'm sad because the railing would have made the room seem much more open and visually appealing. I'm happy because the pony wall gives us one extra wall to work with which allows us to do more with furniture that will eventually go in the loft.
 The counter tops were installed! They goofed on the master bathroom again....Matt walked in and saw the white tile counter top (like you see below) and was none to pleased. We paid to have granite in the master bathroom because I am not a fan of the white tiles. Billie, my awesome sales agent, sent an email to the construction team letting them know they messed up and assured me it would be fixed.

We opted to go with the standard white tile for the 2nd bath because we felt this bathroom would get used and abused once we have kids, so why spend the upgrade money now when we know it will need to upgraded down the road anyways.


You may be wondering why I haven't posted a picture of the back of the house, well there is a good reason for that. Just as I took the picture of the 2nd bath Matt was looking outside and saw a dog wandering around the houses; that put a stop to all the picture taking. He went outside to try to approach her but she walked away from him. I always keep water and a leash in the car because of Chloe (and you never know when you'll find a stray) so I filled up the bowl and offered her some water. After about 5 minutes of me ignoring her she slowly made her way around to me. Once she realized I wasn't going to hurt her she acted like she had never been so happy to see people.
We asked around the neighborhood to see if she belonged to anyone and they all said no, one person did say that he saw her walking around on Monday. Because of our current living situation there was no way we could keep her. We called the shelter and they told us what to do with her. We took her to the shelter and placed her in a kennel, where there was food, water, and a blanket waiting for her. I really hope she had a microchip and that she was able to go back home to her family. It broke my heart to leave her there but at least I had peace of mind that she was in a safe place and not on the streets.

That is all for now, enjoy the holiday weekend and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment